Candidates can apply for Karnataka MBBS admission online is based on NEET results to secure seats in Karnataka-based medical colleges. The candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria will only be eligible to apply for Karnataka MBBS admission 2020. The aspirant must sit and qualify for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test - NEET, conducted on 13th September 2020 by the NTA. In this article, we have discussed details about Karnataka MBBS Registration 2020, including Important Dates, Eligibility and Application Process, etc..
Karnataka MBBS Admission Important Points 2020:
During the time of the application, the following are some essential extra points and documents to be retained as proof for future use for Karnataka MBBS Admission 2020:
- The printouts of the Confirmation Page of Online Application should be kept and saved.
- The proof of fee paid (i.e., Bank transaction details supported by confirmation page) also needs to be saved by the candidate.
- At least 4-6 copies of identical passport size are required, and 4-6 postcard size photos should be scanned and uploaded on the Online Application.
Karnataka MBBS Admission NTA Guidelines 2020:
NEET (UG) - 2020 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission in MBBS medical courses in approved Medical and other Colleges in Karnataka. Following are some of the guidelines laid out by the NTA:
- The candidates must ensure that mobile numbers, email IDs filled in the Online Application form are accurate. The NTA will communicate by SMS or email on a given number and email ID, respectively.
- The NTA will not be held responsible for any non-receipt of the latest information due to incorrect number, email ID, and address filled in the Online Application Form.
- The allotment of the Centre is made automatically by computers, and there is no human intervention. The NTA will not change the allotted centers.
- The candidates should check the NTA website for the latest updates regularly.
- The NTA will communicate all the instructions through the website only.
Karnataka MBBS Admissions Eligibility Criteria 2020:
The following are the eligibility requirements to be fulfilled by students to qualify for an MBBS admission:
- Criteria for admission are based on India citizenship except for NRI fixed quota seats and age criteria of a minimum of 17 years.
- Candidates must have passed the 12th board examination from any recognized board in science subjects with English being one issue.
- Candidates seeking admission in Karnataka MBBS Admissions are required to secure a minimum of 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry. SC and ST students residing in Karnataka have a minimum requirement of 40% in the subjects above.
- All the students will be eligible to participate in Karnataka seat allocation with a compulsory NEET score cut-off 2020 set by the CBSE.
- Candidates should possess a residency proof of the state to attain domicile criteria, termed a unique clause. The following are the documents required as proof:
- Candidates must have studied from a Karnataka-based institute recognized by the state government for a minimum of 7 years of their education.
- Students must have passed 10th and 12th grade from a state-recognized university, and their parents must have studied in Karnataka state for a minimum of 7 years.
- Aspirants who have passed class 12 outside of Karnataka can also prove domicile if their parents in Karnataka are domicile holders.
- The candidates or their parents must have Kannada, Tulu, or Kovada as their mother tongue and have to appear and pass the KEA language test.